Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Cloth Diapering- Day 18

D. playing outside wearing TotsBots.

Look at that print!

The velcro is super strong and I love how the insert is actually attached to the diaper!



Here is D. modeling the Flip Diapering System. This diaper cover can be used with an insert or a prefold diaper placed inside. I think this will be a great option for D. to use while at daycare because then she can have a large stash of the inserts and just a few diaper covers.


You can see from this view that it isnt that bulky!



My 21 day trial period is coming to an end on Friday. I am still so thankful for Jillian's Drawer's for offering this chance for me to try cloth diapers without the stress of the financial committment. I can't believe that if I chose to return all the diapers I would only be out $10!

Tonight I went through and determined which ones I will be returning and which I want to keep. I also went online and ordered some additional ones that I like more and I also ordered from a different website some SunBaby diapers. I purchased one separately and it fit well and washed well. The price is awesome (12 diapers + 12 inserts for only $60!) Knowing that a box of diapers is $35 and lasts a short while, it excites me that this initial amount is all I will need to spend on diapers between now and D. being potty-trained!

Of course cloth diapering will be a little more challenging once school starts with the washing but I was surprised to find it didnt take that much extra time. (Ask me again in September or May!)


*Please be aware that since cloth diapering I do not have my son wander around the house with only a diaper- but they are awfully cute on him and for the pics for this blog I didnt want to obstruct the view!*


No comments: