It was great having Grandma and Grandpa (Andy's folks) here for D.'s first birthday and for Easter.
Our son... the boy who walks, who laughs, who maybe says, "Look", and who loves his big sister. He got this fireman hat from G&G. He also got a lego firetruck.
Big smiles from the bday boy.
He just wasnt interested in eating the cake- he didnt stick his head in or his fingers in... he waited until he received a fork... and then took a few bites and enjoyed the mega football marshmallow.
Our boy and our family celebrating his first birthday.
Love you, Mommy!
Here is my attempt of his first birthday cake. I have always done cupcakes in the past for A. I went for the sports theme- with edible Easter grass, a marshmallow football, and some sportsy toys. D. seemed to like it!Dearest Son,
This year has been so special to me- I have really enjoyed being your Mommy and getting to know you. It is fun to see the new things you learn and do every day. I love watching you and Sister playing together. Today (Easter Sunday), I sat in church and thought of how you will be celebrating your 30th birthday on Easter morning... just as I am currently 30 on this Easter morning. What will your life be like at 30? Will you be married? Will you have children? Will the celebration of Easter be as special to you?
I can't wait to watch you grow- to help you during the difficult and frustrating times. I look forward to being your mom and loving you every day- even if you make decisions I may disagree with. May you continue to grow strong- physically, mentally, socially, and spiritually. May you hear God's voice and sense his calling for your life- and may you know and feel God's love.
This next year it will be fun to watch you gain confidence in your walking and your talking. I can't wait to hear all that you have to say. I look forward to seeing you play even more with your sister and your friends.
Much love,
Mommy
1 comment:
Wow, you made that cake? I'm impressed! :)
Post a Comment